Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why Digital Scrapbook?

Back again to discuss Digital Scrapbooking Inside and Out. Today I will talk about the Pros and Cons of Digital Scrapbooking.
Pros:
  • No supplies to move around and clean up.
  • No storage space needed (Well, besides disk space).
  • One piece of background paper can be used thousands of times.
  • You can change the colors of the papers and elements to suite your needs.
  • You can print one page several times. No redoing the entire thing.
  • No alphabet sheets with that a , b or r missing just when you needed it to make your title.
  • Great freebies all over the web.
  • Easy to turn your digital layouts into a printed book that actually fits on a shelf in your home.
  • No bulky pages from all of those adorable elements.
  • Undo is your best friend. No more ruined layouts from journaling mistakes or bad sticker placement.
  • Photos don't all have to be a standard printed size IE. 4x6, 5x7 or 8x10. You get to choose the size and how many will fit on your page.
  • Lining things up is super easy.
  • No adhesive necessary.
  • Everything is archival safe--No Worries!
Cons:
  • Some (like me) miss the cut and past and working with hands.
  • Being in front of the computer. Especially if you work in front of one.
  • Already printed pictures will need to be scanned or digitally archived.
  • There is a learning curve.
  • Intimidating for some.
There are so many more Pros to Digital Scrapbooking. I know I had a hard time making the switch--but once I did there was no turning back.
I have a short story to tell regarding Digital vs. Paper. I still love to make cards with my paper scrapbooking supplies. Every year I get together with a friend (who paper scraps and I fear will never be convinced that Digital is the bomb) and set aside a couple days to make cards together. Yes, I said a couple days!! Isn't that crazy? I love talking with my friend and crafting. It is so fun! So, I guess I chatted more than I created and ended up about 10 cards short this year. I sat down to make the last cards and after an hour I only had half of them done. I was out of time and out of patients. I came to the computer and whipped up our Christmas card in 10 minutes. I uploaded it to our 1 hour photo developer and it was that simple. They even came with envelopes!! (I have a hard time locating invitation size envelopes sometimes.) So do you want to see the final product? Here it is:
So that is my take on this subject. So my question to you is-Why would you not Digital Scrapbook?

Happy Scrapping,
Angie

2 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

I agree with you about the pros, but for me, I just can't get past the DIMENSION. I love textures, so for the important stuff, I still want a "real" scrapbook. However, I'm scrapbooking a lot more layouts that would never get done with digital now that I've started that, so that's a BIG plus in my book for digital. Do both - win-win!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Just to clarify, because I'm a tad OCD.

**I'm scrapbooking a lot more layouts with digital that would never get done with traditional scrapbooking.